We’re looking for a web designer to help build our interactive design division at Zivtech. We’re a open source web development and design shop based in Philadelphia. We’re passionate about Drupal, Alfresco, and the Open Source Movement, and that creative energy infects everything we do. We’re deeply plugged into the Drupal community, Philadelphia, and the overall web design and development community.
Our designers are passionate about design, user experience, branding, and client goals. We encourage the most forward-thinking techniques including designing in the browser and using the “hardboiled” approach. We look for creative and practical solutions and try to write and speak about them in addition to using them in our day to day work.
You will likely have many of these interests as well, but we expect you to bring your own skills and passions into our mix. You should have a strong portfolio, maybe a blog, and if you don't already have a Dribbble account we'll hook you up.
- Develop site maps, IA, wireframes, & moodboards
- Design graphical layouts and interfaces
- Cross-browser quality assurance testing
- 3+ years of design experience or an exceptional portfolio
- A strong understanding of visual design and how it can shape and influence user experiences
- Strong conceptual design skills
- Ability to hand code HTML/CSS
- Ability to rapidly design mockups
- Familiar with standard tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, & Fireworks
- Familiar with the general front end development best practices
- Appreciation for semantic markup
- A familiarity with content management systems
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- A dedication to detail and deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects from concept to completion
- Familiarity with Drupal
- Experience with Sass & Compass
This is a full-time, in-house position in our offices in Old City Philadelphia.
If you're interested in joining our thriving, growing business and doing cutting-edge work, email resume, a cover letter or statement of purpose, and salary requirements to email@example.com (no calls please). If you have been involved in Drupal or any other open source or design community in the past, please include a link to your work.